I am a salad freak: I love almost all salads, I could eat them all day long, in the weekends I have salad for breakfast and for dinner and usually no lunch.
One of my current favourites is Strawberry, Brie and Lettuce Salad. So, when I discovered this recipe on Jo’s blog I thought I must try it ASAP.
Recipe: End-of-Summer Chopped Salad
- 1 large head of crunchy romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 6-8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup apples, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 cup oranges, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 ripe lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt, to taste
For the complete recipe and more pics check out A Cup of Jo.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ;)!0