Whenever I am in doubt about what to cook, I choose seafood. They are easy to make (only a few minutes to cook), taste deliciously and they are perfectly combined with rice, pasta or steamed vegetables (like green beans or spinach, my favourites). So, light, fresh and easy to make is this recipe also and the resulting dish can be served in two ways (which is always a bonus for me): as an appetizer or as a main course, when combined with some rice.
- 1 lbs large raw shrimp or prawns ( 21-26 in a pound) peeled and deveined.
- 2 tsp olive oil
Chimichurri Sauce ( you will use ½, save the rest– it is enough for 2 lbs shrimp)
- 1 bunch Cilantro or about 1 cup packed (stems OK)
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley- about 1 cup packed (thin stems OK)
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt 3/4 tsp kosher
- ½ tsp smoked paprika- ( optional –only if you like smokey flavor)
The complete recipe and more photos on Feasting at Home
Keep up with Project Fairytale0