As much as I don’t want to admit this, fall is here and actually winter is approaching really fast. And my latest discovery for staying warm without a bulky coat and a blanket scarf (my go-to uniform on cold days) is a wool or cashmere turtle neck and a pretty coat. I know this is not a breakthrough discovery but until last spring I could not tolerate turtleneck because I felt I was getting strangled. But I guess I was wearing the wrong pieces, too heavy, too tight and usually under another sweater (childhood memories that physically hurt).
But I am all grown up now (yeah, right!) and I have a new style fetish and I cannot keep it for myself. So, without further ado, here are some ideas of styling a turtleneck sweater and looking absolutely gorgeous:
1. Wear it under a slip dress for a casual, I do not care feel.
2. A slim turtle-neck and wide leg pants for the perfect figure
3. A full skirt and booties for the day-to-day look. Or a full leather skirt, an over sized choker and dominatrix lace-up booties for those days.
4. A slouchy turtle-neck and cropped pants and high heels. Relaxed perfection.
5. And my current look: a masculine coat and a cozy, wool sweater.
And if you’re looking for a new turtleneck sweater, here are some