The wedding season is right around the corner and the frenzy with the trunk shows and wedding fairs has already started. If you have not selected your dress yet (oh my!) and you wish something that will win the praise of all your fashion forward friends, I have gathered a list of “trends” that are more and more present in the bridal collections prepared for this spring. So, let’s get started.
1. NUDE DRESS: the dress that conceals by giving the illusion it shows everything. Designers used sheer elements, embroidered with flowers or beads or even inventive cutouts. It’s figure hugging and really sensual, perfect for the daring bride who wants to show off her body.
2. CAPES: like a true superhero that you are, you will want to have a cape for your wedding dress not just for your red carpet appearance. And they are all over this season, from Lela Rose to Naeem Khan, Marchesa and Reem Accra, so plenty of options and styles to choose from.
3. DEEP PLUNGE: if I were to choose between a revealing cleavage and an open back, I would always go for the back. But, this spring, the massively plunging necklines are one of the big things and they are not bad at all. But be careful, they need all the help you can get with Hollywood tape and nipple covers.
Ines di Santo
4. COLOR: this is not new, brides who wanted to evade the tyranny of white have been choosing other colors for a while now, but this season there are many options, pink being one of the star colors of Spring 2017 (and that Christian Siriano cotton candy dress is something out of a fairy tale).
5. THE NOT-WEDDING LOOK: this one is my favourite. Dresses that could be worn on any other occasions, pants or jumpsuits perfect for a night out as well as for the DAY. Please have courage ladies, you are still the center of attention and even more if you do not hide behind a mountain of tulle and lace.
Do you have a favourite style?
Images via Fashionista
Keep up with Project Fairytale1