I’ve made soup… Cream soup. My work colleagues always make fun of me for eating only fresh cooked food and I can never bring anything I cook to the office the next day because they are no longer good. Well, this was very good the next day as well and I could have taken some with me to work if I would have had a container… But enough with that, I made a creamy delicious spicy soup with sweet potatoes and carrots and it was delicious. And heartwarming. And a little sweet. We absolutely loved it.
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 300g sweet potato
- 200g carrots
- 2cm ginger root
- 2 shallots
- sesame oil
- Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, chili flakes to taste
- Cube the vegetables and slice the shallots.
- In a pan, fry the shallots in sesame oil until soft and add the sweets potatoes and carrots.
- Add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes then add the stock.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then pour half of it in the food processor / blender and mix until smooth. Repeat for the rest of the quantity.
- Serve it hot – you can add bread croutons or other crunchy bites (it was marvelous with cheese Doritos but you could try a more healthy alternative – I was thinking about fried spicy polenta cubes but was too lazy to actually make them so I got stuck with Doritos).
Keep up with Project Fairytale0