The hall is the room that dictates the whole tone of the house in terms of setting. It is the first room you see when you enter the house, the first to welcome the guests and it is imperative that it should be welcoming, warm, but also practical. Regardless of its size, it is certain that you can have a unique decoration from the first step you take in the house.
Here’s what you have to do to arrange the hall in a unique, tasteful manner and taking into account the practical layout of this room.
Designing a small lobby from the entrance to the apartment is a challenge, but that does not mean it does not give you the opportunity to be creative. Most of the times the block is narrow and long, so you can make the following choices in terms of decor:
1. Choose narrow and closed furniture bodies – shoe, hanger. In this way, the clothes and the shoes are well arranged in the furniture and do not visually load the room.
2. Place shelves on the wall opposite the shoe, and put either books or other decorative items such as porcelain figurines, photo frames, paintings.
3. Do not forget about the bench or chairs, very useful to shoe you. They place some decorative pillows in different colors and textures on the chairs to give personality to the room.
4. Use a mirror, it is useful for the finishing touches before leaving home, but it also gives the feeling of a more spacious hallway. A useful trick for apartment flats that usually do not have windows is to place a mirror in front of a luminaire, enlarge the room and light it.
5. Indoor plants should not be missing from the hallway. You can put some pots on the shelves I mentioned above or you can choose one bigger plant with the pot set directly on the floor.
6. To give the feeling of a more spacious hallway, the floor should be in an open and warm color.