I know, I know, it’s not Wednesday, but Thursday, and I am one day late. But I was in meeting all day yesterday and I did not have time to schedule any posts for the blog this week. So this is why we have this beautiful and delicious carrot cake on the blog today. I hope I am forgiven when you see the delightful dessert :p
The best part: it comes from a Romanian food blogger, East of Kitchen, that offers me constantly mouthwatering inspiration for all my cooking projects. And all the recipes she shares are very well explained and simple to put in practice or even experiment with if you feel adventurous.
And this carrot cake sound as delicious as it looks, especially since it became one of my favourite cakes as well, after discovering it a few years back.
For the cake:
- 100g/1 cup pecans, pan-fried until fragrant and then roughly chopped
- 350g/2½ cups carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 250g/2 cups rye flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 300g/1½ coconut sugar (or any other type of sugar you like)
- 250ml/1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or seeds scraped from one bean
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 60g/½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 225g/8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 250g/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or seeds scraped from half a vanilla bean
- 1 tsp lemon or orange zest
For the complete steps of the recipe and more inspiring photos head to East of Kitchen.
Keep up with Project Fairytale0